How Security Incite Helps End Users
Security Incite is a new generation research firm with "traditional" values. We leverage social media (blogs and community platforms) and keep laser focus on our end-user constituency. This is a bit of a throwback to the early days of Gartner and META, and a bit counter-intuitive given that most of the money in the space is from vendors "buying" validation from analysts. But we are OK with that.
To be clear, our focus is to help end users protect information assets by making better decisions.
We keep that in mind with everything that we do. Our blog and reports are written from the end user's perspective. We are always asking, "so what?" and "what's the impact to the user?" You won't find that perspective from most analysts.
End users need a trusted resource place to go to get unbiased, objective analysis which provides clear and relevant direction to better understand how to protect their incredibly complex computing environment. That place is Security Incite.
So, where do you start?
- Security Incite Rants - Your first stop should be to read the Security Incite Rants blog. You just have to click on the box in the right column to add the RSS feed to your reader or get it via email. This will keep you up to speed on what's going on in the industry and help you start wading through the daily noise. Best of all, it's free.
- Incite Network - Are you an end user or VAR with knowledge and opinions about the security market? Do you want to get free access to all of Security Incite's publications? Can you spare the time to take a short survey every month, and be available to discuss some topics over the phone sparingly? If so, then apply to join the Incite Network. You'll become a pillar of the security community.
- SI Community - In Q2 2006, SI will be introducing a community platform targeted towards information security decision makers. Providing a place where you can get customized news on topics of your choosing, and interact with peers, the SI Community will become your first stop in the morning.
- Learn about our research process - Most analyst firms are "black boxes," not giving you any information about how they draw conclusions or research topics. We've got nothing to hide, so learn about our research process and get a feel for how we do things.
- Help drive our research agenda - Each week we present the community with a list of interesting happenings and announcements. You vote and tell us what you want to see. Then we go off and research things a bit, and come back throughout the week with our views to start a dialog on the topic.
- Subscribe - The blog and community are great resources, but in order to really understand the nuances of your critical projects, you need more detailed research. That's where our Security Incite subscription offerings come in. Check out our offerings to figure out what makes sense for you.