F This Tagging Stuff
So that friggin' Farnum tags me (here). Part of me wants to just ignore it, but that would be lame. So I'll take a break from book layout and web site building (yes, the Pragmatic CSO is on target to launch on Tuesday), but only by the graces of the boss, who is giving most of the long weekend to get everything done.
So here are 5 things you definitely don't know about me. Don't tell anyone, this will be our little secret, OK?
- I'm introverted - Most of the time it's hard to tell because I've learned how to work a room out of necessity. But nothing gives me the heebies like a room full of strangers. Part of me is envious of those folks that seem to make friends everywhere they go. That ain't me.
- I love art - Most contemporary stuff, but with a whimsical edge. I have pieces by Toutain, Vasarely, Chamaikan, and Schluss. Mostly lithographs, but the Toutain is an original and one of my most treasured possessions. Art is my one big weakness. At this point, I don't have the bankroll (or the wall space) to truly engage in collecting, but if the gods smile upon me - maybe at some point I'll be able to truly indulge.
- I never miss a well check-up - Or birthday or anything else that is important to my kids. They don't realize it and hopefully some day they'll take it for granted, but I made a decision before my oldest daughter was born to be present and involved in their lives. I missed one of my wife's weekly pregnancy check-ups (because I was in the UK) and that still annoys me. So hopefully you'll understand if I decline a trip because one of my kids has something going on.
- My favorite movie is Pulp Fiction - But Wall Street is a close second. I also liked the Usual Suspects. But at the end of the day, Tarantino's masterpiece of time shifting and other hijinx is the one I like best.
- I don't drink Scotch - Stems from my first run in with J&B Scotch when I was probably 15 or so. Face down in a pile of puke freezing my ass off because my friends left the door open in the middle of winter. No, I couldn't get up to close it. At that moment, I promised myself I wouldn't drink anymore. I've broken that promise probably ten thousand times since then.
So hopefully you know a bit more about me. I'm not tagging anyone else because I think I may have been the last person on earth to be tagged.
Enjoy New Years and see you in 2007!